Science, Technology & Innovation Funding Authority (STDF) has stimulated the Egyptian scientific society by funding distinguished research papers and establishing scientific partnerships with scientists from many advanced countries in order to keep track of quickly advancing technology, and be open to different societies, as well as, new economic unions, compete on the international arena, link scientific research to technological development and cooperate with civil society institutions to activate their role in the integrated scientific research system.
Thus, it is crucial to continue executing serious, ambitious plans and programs so as to boost the scientific research drive. This will be positively reflected on national economy and societal development.
STI system in Egypt comprises:
- Higher Council of Science and Technology (HCST),
- Ministry of Scientific Research (MOSR),
- Academy of Scientific Research and Technology (ASRT),
- Science and Technology Development Fund (STDF),
- Research Institutions and Universities
- To ensure funding of S&T, with the aim of addressing the priorities set by the HCSRE
- To support the complete cycle of innovation
- To support and develop Egyptian research and innovation capabilities
- To ensure the integration of Science, Technology and Innovation (STI) elements in national strategies
- To bridge the gap between industry & Academia
Organizational Structure and Work Flow
The Fund is composed of five main work groups, as follows:
- Planning and follow-up work group.
- Operation work group.
- Project work group.
- Innovation work group.
- Financial affairs work group.
STDF will build and strengthen S&T through capacity building of community and infrastructure in the valued strategic areas of Egypt’s long-term competitiveness and development
Egypt will lead by placing S&T at the core of its society to introduce Knowledge Based Economy culture.
To realize its vision and accomplish its mission, the following objectives are set:
- Improving the research and development environment.
- Providing funding for scientific research and technology development.
- Supporting and developing the innovation capabilities of the science and technology community.
- Supporting the complete cycle of scientific research and product development.
- Disseminating information on science and technology in Egypt.
- Exploring fund-raising mechanisms to support STDF activities.
- Empowering the role of STDF as a major research-funding organization and continuously improving its performance.